Our transports of coal started in 2007 with a prestigious contract with the power plant Elektrownia “Kozienice” SA, for which we transported over a million tonnes of coal. Our customers include power plants, mines and importers of coal.
Transport of coal
In 2009, FPL trains consisting of 44 wagons travelled almost 800 km in 17 hours, with the average commercial speed reaching 47 km/h. It means that the speed at which our freight trains covered the distance was higher than the speed reached by passenger trains on similar routes. Such efficiency is possible thanks to the modern FPL fleet – the strongest Class 66 locomotives in Europe, with traction power exceeding 3000 HP and the maximum speed of 120 km/h.
A train set consisting of 57 wagons transports 3600 tonnes of coal to Bydgoszcz. A 750 metre long train travels the route of 350 kilometres at the speed reaching 100 km/h.
In 2008, FPL started a cooperation with the heat and power plant PGE Zespół Elektrociepłowni Bydgoszcz SA providing railway transport services. As a mark of appreciation for our professionalism and innovation, we were commissioned to transport coal for three years.
- Transports of freight and shunting by a single locomotive
- Drivers qualified to perform shunting and wagon inspections
- Round-the-clock dispatch service
Our locomotive – your wagons (hook and haul)
- Transport of freight with our locomotives in the customer’s wagons
- Transport under either FPL’s or customer’s licence
- Qualifications to transport dangerous materials